Giving your home a deep cleaning as often as it deserves is a task that is easier said than done. Fortunately, there are services available that can provide the deep cleaning your home needs. However, you know you need to know how to hire the best cleaning service for your cleaning needs.
Hiring a scheduled housekeeper from a well-known franchise may seem like the most reliable option. However, family-owned cleaning businesses and solitary cleaning entrepreneurs also provide scheduled housekeeping services for comparable rates. With so many options how do you decide who is the best cleaning service for you?
1. Consider the pros and cons
It is important to do your research before you pick the best cleaning service for your needs. For example, you may be trading quality customer service for skill or cost if you hire a solo cleaner. Additionally, if that person takes on more clientele they may become less responsive to your cleaning needs without meaning to.
Franchises, on the other hand, typically hire new workers frequently regardless of experience or skill. These types of companies may be costly. However, they may offer more flexibility and can send replacements if necessary. It is all up to you to decide what suits you best in terms of your budget, timeframe, and services.
2. Check referrals and reviews to find the best cleaning service
Do you have a friend or family member who uses a company they consider the best cleaning service? It is advantageous for you to receive feedback from them regarding the quality of the services rendered. Balance the customer reviews with the overall company reputation to make sure you are hiring the best cleaning service.
3. Call prospective companies and explain your situation
Giving a few companies a call and explaining to them your specific situation is also a great way to narrow down your search. In learning about your specific problem, they can tell you first off if they are able to complete a task for you or not, but also what needs to be done in a certain situation. From there, you can decide if they are a possible candidate for you. In some cases, businesses can even offer you advice if the problem is not dire, such as suggesting which product to use to remove a stubborn stain on your carpet.
4. Know what questions to ask
- Some probing questions you may want to ask a company you haven’t used before might include some if not all of the following:
- Is the company licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How do they calculate rates?
- Do you bring the cleaning supplies and equipment or do I need to provide anything? Additionally, do I receive any sort of credit or compensation for the use of my products?
- How will you gain access to my home and must I be present while you work?
- What should I do if I have a pet that roams the home?
- How long have you been in business? (Or how long has the individual who is coming to my home been with the business?)
- Is what we agreed upon going to be put in writing and reviewed before starting work?
5. Maintain open communication
A good business should always be open to customer feedback and suggestions for improvement. Providing a satisfaction guarantee and even a money back guarantee is a huge draw for a lot of customers, as security and peace of mind for your home and your wallet are big factors in your decision making. Keep open communication with your cleaning service to ensure your expectations are met.
Overall, you should make sure you are fully aware of how the time you’ve paid for will be spent in your home. Do your due diligence and consider past reviews and use your personal network of friends or family to help in deciding who is right for you. If you are taking advantage of a coupon or a limited time only deal, find out the regular price for your service. This will prevent any unwelcome surprises if you want to use them again. Hopefully, our article has given you all the tools you need to be certain you’ve chosen the best cleaning service for your needs.